Associate Creative Director of Copy - Video / Lead Screenwriter
3 weeks ago
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
As an Associate Director of Copy - Video, you’ll write excellent video scripts and work closely with Creative Directors to shape the expression of the brand voice. You’ll help drive creative and conceptual work for big projects, and provide editorial oversight to other members of the copy team. Because our team is small and fast-paced, you’ll split your time between editorial work and writing. You have experience writing scripts, resulting in copy that pushes the brand forward but still delivers strategic results.
What you'll do:
- Lead brainstorms and drive concepts from idea to execution.
- Edit the work of more junior copywriters, monitoring when larger questions arise that should be escalated to the Director of Copy and Editorial, the brand team, legal, etc.
- Be responsible for shaping and maintaining brand voice consistency across many projects, not just your own.
- Help guide more junior creatives with insightful feedback and leadership.
- Write copy seen by millions of people. Video scripts will be a significant part of this role, which also includes writing for digital ads, packaging, social media, landing pages, and more.
- Create A/B tests alongside the marketing team, and work to understand creative results.
What we're looking for:
- Conceptually gifted. Your ideas should help guide not just copy but strategy, concept, and even visual execution. You can lead a brainstorm.
- Strategic. You clearly express the intentions behind your ideas well before words hit the page. You can articulate marketing needs to creatives, and creative decisions to marketers.
- Detail-oriented. You’re an excellent, nitpicky editor who works quickly and has an eye for a wonky comma or strange turn of phrase. You’ll guard the brand ferociously.
- Quantitatively minded. In this senior role you’ll be responsible for making sure that creative projects ultimately meet business needs, helping shepherd the work of other creatives toward that goal. You must be comfortable shaping scripts to meet business metrics.
- Collaborative. You synthesize ideas from many people and bring them back into cohesive brand guidelines.
- Experienced. 4+ years of scriptwriting experience and samples are required (whether or not they have been produced).
Why you’ll love working at Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment, leading to almost no turnover since the Company's founding in 2014 (Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace)
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings