GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST | PAID FALL INTERNSHIP
New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington DC
3 weeks ago
Other agencies might call it an internship program, but we offer and expect more.
Our Specialist program was crafted to be the leading program for college students and recent grads to build a future career in marketing or design. We see it as the last internship you’ll ever do.
Our Specialists work 20 – 35 hours per week collaborating with our full-time employees, working for both our clients and Online Optimism itself. In return, we make sure they receive valuable, real-world experience, hourly pay, and the opportunity to team up with the best and brightest in the city.
You must be located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC to apply.
To be considered for our Specialist program, you must apply via the below link: https://www.onlineoptimism.com/iwanttobeaspecialist
You should apply for this position if...
- a career in graphic design or creative production.
- the opportunity to create visual content on behalf of our agency and our clients.
- to build out your portfolio across industries and mediums.
- significant experience (and the portfolio to back it up) with a variety of artistic styles.
- skills with the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- a willingness to take criticism well and stay motivated to perfect designs.
You're excited by:
- crafting graphics and advertisements for a variety of businesses online.
- following very specific brand guidelines.
- utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects.
What Are Some Features of Our Specialist Program?
Real Work, Real Experience
You’ll spend your time here working on real assignments and projects, being involved in actual client work, and teaming up with full-time Optimists as well as handling tasks independently. As one of our Specialists, you’ll leave us with a complete portfolio of work as well as a killer answer when you’re asked to talk about a time you proved yourself in your next interview.
Cold, Hard Cash
We provide $15.25/hour pay to all of our Specialists. For those still in school, we’re also happy to do everything we can to get you college credit. In addition, we'll send you to networking events and educational lunches, ticket included.
Launch Your Career in New Orleans, DC, or Atlanta Through Our Internship
A majority of our full-time team started at Online Optimism as Specialists, and many of our Specialists go on to work at some of the top digital marketing agencies around.
An Optimistic Culture
Our company aims to keep our team happy and facilitate work any way we can, which is why we provide you:
- Weekly happy hours
- A casual dress code
- Fun office and remote events
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Birthday treats
Bettering Your Community
As part of our efforts to educate, inform, and improve our work, our Optimists often attend networking and educational events. We believe this need extends to our Specialists as well. While you are a Specialist at Online Optimism, we’ll be sending you to at least 2 virtual networking events that emphasize the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in marketing. You’ll also have the opportunity to join our organization’s book club, and participate in other efforts that our agency is working toward.