Visual / Brand Designer
Remote - US
4 weeks ago
Computer vision is an emerging technology that will transform every industry. You can see this technology in use today in the automotive industry (self-driving cars), in agriculture (drone sprayers), and in the medical field (early-stage cancer detection). You can see some of the amazing applications users are building with computer vision here: https://universe.roboflow.com
Roboflow is on a mission to empower software developers to build computer vision applications. Our product streamlines the process of labeling, training, and deploying a computer vision model. Roboflow’s technology is used by students, researchers, and software developers at both small businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
You’ll also be joining a rapidly growing company. Roboflow has grown developer usage by more than 5x since YC Demo Day last fall. Tens of thousands of engineers build with us. Helping our users get the most out of Roboflow is essential to their success.
The product design team is looking for a visual designer to focus on our digital marketing design. At Roboflow, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside other design thinkers, software developers, and machine learning technologists to create the future of computer vision.
What You'll Do:
- Define and expand standards for the Roboflow brand.
- Craft visual concepts and graphic elements for our web properties, email campaigns, marketing materials, and events.
- Maintain editable slide decks and marketing materials.
- Use a content management system to update our .com site and blog.
- Collaborate on vector icon styles and build user interface components for our Ringtail Design System.
- Articulate design decisions and collaborate with teammates.
- Advocate for consistent, thoughtful design throughout the org.
Note these responsibilities are just a start! Setting the standard for visual design at a young company means that you’ll do more than produce assets. You’ll play a key role in developing our brand strategy and usage principles, and you’ll have the ability to grow your skills across product, content, and marketing to build your dream role.
What You'll Need:
- Passion for doing excellent design combined with strong layout and typography skills.
- Ability to wrangle production work as needed. We’re a startup, and that means we need people who are ready to hop into the trenches to do foundational work.
- Interest in technology and working with a distributed team.
- Solid communication skills. Clarity in written communication and the ability to articulate needs with other teammates is key.
- Previous experience with basic video animation or interest in growing this skill.
- Familiarity with basic web design principles and a desire to learn Webflow. Prior experience maintaining static sites with no-code tools is helpful.
- Relevant work experience: this may be 1–3 years of prior industry experience at a design firm, marketing agency, or software company, or a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or visual design
Most of all, you should have a learner’s mind. Each day, we’re growing as we uncover new ideas and better ways to work. If this sounds like you, but you don’t need all the criteria listed, we encourage you to apply anyway.
This job is about more than getting things done — it’s also about the people you’ll work with. You’ll be able to work directly with our company co-founders, Joseph and Brad. You’ll also gain exceptional mentoring for your design career by working one-on-one with Rachel, our head of product design, whose career has spanned the domains of product design, visual design, and applied design thinking while working at companies like a16z-backed Dwolla and publicly-traded Workiva. In short, you’ll have the opportunity to grow as a designer and try many new things while having an outsized impact on the growth of our company.
Ready to apply?
Please include a link to your online portfolio in your cover letter or resume. Applicants should have authorization to work in the United States.
At Roboflow, we believe in collectively building each other up and being our authentic selves at work. People from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply, especially those who identify as women, and/or Black, Latinx, Native American, Asian, and/or LGBTQ+.