Director of Analytics, Digital Strategy
3 weeks ago
Reports to: Senior Director, Technology Development
Staff reporting to this position: Associate Director, Audience
Relationship Management; Digital Analytics Specialist
Position classification: Exempt, full time; Nonunion - Level 7
Minimum compensation: $92,000
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Director of Analytics to join its Digital Strategy team to develop and manage the organization’s growing analytics practice.
The Director of Analytics will manage a small team of analytics contributors and collaborate regularly with other technologists, contributors, and stakeholders across the Digital Strategy team, the Communications department, and the rest of the organization. The successful candidate will work as part of a team that creates, analyzes, and distributes compelling content across a breadth of channels to bring more attention to, understanding of, and support for policy solutions that improve the lives of all Americans. They will be driven by American Progress’ mission “to improve the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country.”
- Partner with the Digital Strategy team’s leadership and key stakeholders to develop a data- and insights-driven strategic plan to implement scalable analytics solutions for all of American Progress’ digital channels, including web, social, email, and advertising, as well as future needs, which could include solutions for partners, digital earned media, and others; key stakeholder groups such as policy departments, institutional priority working groups, and project and campaign teams; and audience segments.
- Manage a team of analytics contributors, including two direct reports.
- Collaborate with analytics contributors to create, review, and schedule reports for a wide range of tactical and strategic audiences that provide clear and actionable insights.
- Develop testing and optimization strategies to yield regular, actionable insights for all digital communications and channels that will inform changes in practices and planning for enhancements and outcomes.
- Conduct ongoing audits of analytics tools and needs; identify gaps in both toolset and metrics data and participate in selecting and implementing new tools where there are opportunities for gap-filling and improvement.
- Partner with other American Progress teams to champion the use of data and analytics solutions to drive impactful digital communications; help mentor key stakeholders and staffers across the organization to embrace a culture of data-based decision-making.
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into clear storylines and recommended actions for the Digital Strategy team and other stakeholders, both visually and verbally.
- Manage strategic-level reporting for the Executive team and other American Progress stakeholders, beginning with overseeing current baseline processes and developing them toward greater strategic value.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least eight years of professional experience in digital communications, strategy, and/or audience development, with a focus on analytics.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and high level of competency in a supervisory/management role.
- Proficiency with a variety of analytics and reporting tools and methodologies, including traditional web analytics, audience research and measurement, email metrics and optimization, and social media measurement and listening.
- Proficiency with data visualization platforms and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Experience with both campaign-oriented and program- or organization-oriented measurement strategies and practices.
- Strong understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news; experience with a political campaign, advocacy group, or nonprofit organization is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- Positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a minimum salary of $92,000.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 and the levels of community spread and adjust plans as needed for in-office work. Any changes to our current hybrid work policy will be communicated at the time of hire. Updates will be posted on American Progress’ Jobs page.