Remote / Los Angeles
3 weeks ago
Who We Are:
Zappos’ L.A.-based in-house Creative Studio is looking for an experienced Creative Strategist to join its team. Reporting into our Sr Director of Creative Strategy, this role combines a mix of creative, marketing, and innovation skills mixed with business strategy and future planning.
Our department is made up of content editors, art directors, producers, designers, marketers, stylists, and digital strategists to create engaging creative, executed with a channel-specific, data-driven approach. Ours is a best-in-class studio, bringing to the table a wealth of brand, agency, and publishing experience spanning Nike, Adidas, WhoWhatWear, Teen Vogue, W, Martha Stewart, Shopbop, Net-a-Porter, and Gucci.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Creative Strategist is will be responsible for helping bridge the gap between overarching business goals and actionable creative briefs in support of branded content plans to foster the growth and awareness of Zappos and our top vendor partners. The ideal candidate will have proven experience working to build strategy plans for creative marketing teams, and transforming marketing strategies into immersive creative experiences that help customers connect more deeply with our brand and brand partners. We are looking for someone who brings constant innovation and forward thinking to the table, is goal and client KPI driven, respects process, and is a team player. Your superpower is connecting the dots that others can’t see. If you consider yourself a digital savvy polymath with creative chops, this job is for you :)
Location: LA or remote (team + office based in LA, WFH is an option regardless)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creates strategic briefs for 360 campaigns and special projects for exclusive products, across multiple business units
- Collates and synthesizes both qualitative insights and data, in examining competitors, marketplace, and internal reporting, to inform planning for creative across digital, social media, experiential, and beyond
- Develops and presents strategic recommendations for go to market plans, detailed campaign flighting, and the visual journey of customer touch points with the brand on and offsite.
- Anticipate shifts to creative needs based on cultural, temporal and data driven insights to drive creative and content production flywheel — able to read and react quickly with actionable insights.
- Works collaboratively with Sr. Director of Creative Strategy to compile learnings and provide detailed project overviews to cross-functional teams, sharing best practices to help achieve most effective campaigns and exceed KPIs
- Creates customer journey across seasonal campaigns and multiple categories, using inputs from the Branded Partnership and Creative Studio teams to inform linking strategy
- Analyzing and re-shaping campaign plans and placements to ensure execution is focused on priority goals, using a balance of creativity and logic
- Build hypotheses, test, learn, optimize and scale into programs and support models with data to help guide your decisions.
- Generating creative solutions across media types and platforms to solve business challenges with a deep knowledge of marketing, brand and cultural insights
- 6+ years experience in brand marketing/advertising in a strategic planning role; e-comm or fashion experience a plus
- Experience working with or on a creative or media team
- Experience developing strategically grounded work, applied in digital and offline mediums
- High comfort level with presenting to senior team members and leadership groups
- Detail oriented with a solution oriented approach
- Experience with multicultural strategy or media that demonstrates an inclusive perspective
- Deeply embedded in latest creative, consumer and media trends with outstanding market analysis skills
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable for various audiences
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be an excellent creative problem solver and have strong communication skills to liaise with internal and external teams successfully
- An obsessive desire to ensure both the math and the magic generates effective results without sacrificing quality