Product Designer, Analytics
SF Bay Area
2 weeks ago
Join our team and experience Workday! It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Workday Analytics UX team modernizes how humans and computers work together. Our analytics products sit at the intersection of inspiring design problems: data visualization, complex workflows, cross-team collaboration. Our designers enjoy the fun and challenge of applying design practice to these rich problem spaces, making cloud data interactive, accessible, and beautiful. A strong design ethos is at the core of our product development. Our team is growing and we need designers who can find the right balance between familiar workflows and compelling innovation.
What is the role? Our team is growing and we are looking for designers who enjoy the fun and challenge of applying design practice to make cloud data interactive, accessible, and beautiful. You will work cross-functionally to develop concepts, flows, and UI for Workday products and features. This role will help a relatively new product in Analytics achieve the next level of usability and utility through both vision work and feature work, working closely with cross-functional teams and pairing with other designers.
- You care about the way users develop and share insights and want to build the next generation of tools for understanding and managing massive quantities of data.
- You have a strong product sense and understand how to ship a well-crafted product experience.
- You are intellectually curious and seek to frame problems in new ways to drive your process.
- You are eager to learn and enjoy collaborating with a world-class cross-disciplinary team of UX, engineers, and product managers, especially around accessible and inclusive design.
- You are willing to bring your whole self to work and find ways to have fun.
- Expertise in interaction design, with an online portfolio or use cases you can share
- At least 3 years professional experience in a design-related field
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, with product managers and engineers
- Experience presenting within UX and to stakeholders
Other Qualifications (nice to have, but not required)
- Familiarity with designing accessible experiences
- Eagerness to do research with customers
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Experience working with front-end developers
- Knowledge of BI, analytics, visualization, or dashboarding tools
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a diversity of stakeholders and partners in the context of a great company culture
- Getting to design for software used by much of the Fortune 500
- Partnership with and feedback from fellow designers (in Dublin, Prague, Colorado, and California)
- The opportunity to take on complex problems, and constantly learning
- A company culture that rewards great work, and a management team that genuinely cares about you, and about your career growth
- Flexibility to work between home and office