1 week ago
foundry10 is an education research organization with a philanthropic focus on expanding ideas about learning and creating direct value for youth. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and vacation time. Full time employment at foundry10 is a four day work week, including Fridays off. This is not a remote position. Candidates must live in Washington State and be able to work 2-4 days each week in foundry10’s Seattle office, which is located in the University District. We are not able to sponsor visa applications, and to be considered for this position, you must be eligible to work in the United States. To protect our staff, partners, and the youth we serve, we require all foundry10 employees be fully vaccinated, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.
foundry10 seeks an experienced and creative graphic designer to support the end-to-end development of branded print and digital content, including reports, social media assets, data visualizations, infographics, presentation templates, and more. This role will join our in-house team of creative professionals and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to make foundry10’s visual storytelling more accessible, appealing, and engaging for our primary audiences of youth, researchers, educators, and parents.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent project-management skills and a deep understanding of the latest trends in graphic design, typography, and illustration. They will possess exceptional attention to detail and have demonstrated experience designing for a wide range of print and digital channels.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $63,000 to $70,000, reporting to the Director of Communications and Storytelling.
- Conceptualize and create custom graphics, illustrations, icons, infographics, photo treatments, and template layouts for print and digital media.
- Collaborate directly with internal and external clients to document and provide visual design guidance and solutions for presentations, collateral development, and other projects as needed.
- Support the continued review and development of foundry10’s visual identity guidelines.
- Illustrate wireframes and storyboards to support web, video, and animation projects.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and guidelines for graphic design, typography, and layout, including accessibility standards.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in a design-related field.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related experience with graphic design (either in-house or through agency/freelance roles).
- Work samples demonstrating a strong understanding of color, composition, hierarchy, typography, and layout.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to manage time and projects independently, including setting, communicating, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, utilizing excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated and highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with web prototyping software such as Adobe XD or Figma a plus.
foundry10 offers competitive salary and benefits that include: A 4-day (32 hour) workweek A flexible and hybrid work schedule Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees and 50% coverage for dependents $1,500 yearly education stipend Flexible vacation time 401(k) retirement plan with employer match Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Employee Assistance Program at no cost to the employee Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance paid fully by foundry10
The salary range for this position is $63,000 to $70,000/year DOE.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of at least three (3) work samples here:
The portfolio should include: One (1) report, magazine, book, or brochure created in Adobe InDesign One (1) illustration, icon set, or logo created in Adobe Illustrator One (1) graphic created in Adobe Photoshop that incorporates photography
foundry10 is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can bring their full selves to work. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. The organization strives to provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment because of a protected characteristic. foundry10 does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, creed, citizenship, status, national origin, ancestry, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, religion, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, physical or mental disability, marital status, parental status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to assist individuals with disabilities with the application and interviewing process as well as essential job functions. If you have questions about the accessibility of our office environment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.