PR Account Coordinator
New York (50% In-Office, 50% Remote)
2 weeks ago
House of Success PR (www.hos-pr.com) is a boutique public relations firm that specializes in beauty and lifestyle consumer product brands. Our clients manufacture products or offer services that impact or influence one or more of a consumer’s most important lifestyle zones: Live, Work, Play, Travel or Indulge.
Since 2011, we’ve built a rich history of working with brands and organizations such as Luster’s Pink, Pantora, African Pride, Lottabody, Heat Free Hair, KinkyCurlyYaki, Wendy Brandes Jewelry, Student Freedom Initiative, March of Dimes, Harlem Arts Festival, Pantora and more.
We are hiring a PR Account Coordinator to join us in our New York office to provide support across accounts.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Careers@hos-pr.com and include “Account Coordinator Resume” in the subject line of the email.
• Field inquiries from the media and prospective brand partners.
• Assist in managing client social media channels as needed.
• Coordinate and run point on client projects as needed (may include PR mailings, events, campaigns, media tours, etc.)
• Assist in writing, editing and proofreading communication materials (i.e., press releases, media advisories, client correspondence, activity reports, social media strategies, captions, etc.)
• Provide support in researching, compiling and analyzing media coverage for clients (i.e., produce media hits, organize media recap reports).
• Create and build media distribution lists for media outreach (i.e., Cision, Google).
• Distribute press releases and assist in pitching stories to the media as well as initiating new media relationships. Follow up with media sources to verify contact information, pitch status.
• Initiate new or manage existing relationships with content creators and influencers and assist with facilitating brand partnerships as needed.
• Remain current on industry trends, social media, and activities in assigned sectors.
• Must be a self-starter who can take the lead or drive a project forward independently and proactively without the need for consistent input or check-ins.
• Must be extremely well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail.
• Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and often shifting time pressures or deadlines.
• Be news savvy and up to date on current events.
• Capable of handling constructive feedback with ease and immediately able to make any adjustments needed for successful project outcomes.
• Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations.
• Able to synthesize information into a concise format.
• Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately. And to contribute creative and out of the box ideas on a variety of projects.
• Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative, curious, and energetic personality and a willingness to learn what you don’t know.
• Knowledge and experience with different social media digital platforms.
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally if needed.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
• College degree preferred – with a preferred focus in Communications, Journalism, Business, or related fields.
• 1-3 Years of agency experience preferred (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or communications).
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check and writing test.
House of Success PR is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.