Motion Graphics Designer - Content Growth Team
Remote or San Francisco, CA
2 weeks ago
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated motion graphic designer to join our growing team. We move fast! Flexibility, adaptability, and curiosity are key as brand marketing works across and impacts all cross functional teams. This role will be integral to the brand team and constantly evolving to align with business objectives.
If you are a master multitasker/collaborator/executor, with uncompromising standards and work ethic, we are a perfect match!
What you'll do
- Work with our content growth, design and video teams to create quality marketing materials and other creative content.
- Contribute your ideas to turn Curology into THE destination for skincare.
- Collaborate with video editors, copywriters and designers to come up with the appropriate solution to promote our products.
- Manage multiple tasks at the same time and support the greater team with your motion graphics expertise.
- Conceptualize ways to optimize video content for marketing purposes.
- Help the team translate approved motion concepts into scalable templates that allow us to deliver at scale in a speedy manner.
- Create lower thirds treatments for our many videos and audiences.
- Bring your animation pizzazz to the many promos we will be producing to support our media buys (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, etc).
- Organize and create structure for motion graphics resources and relevant assets.
What we're looking for
- Experience working with multiple teams and ability to contribute to team meetings with your knowledge in motion graphics design.
- Experience learning new tools in a fast paced environment to help the team innovate and improve in our execution at scale.
- A can-do, easygoing, team player attitude.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen intuition about what marketing messages will resonate with our audience.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Superior experience with 2D animation software.
- Ability to animate type animation to a cool music beat.
- Ability to animate UI with an organic feel.
Pluses (nice to have)
- Experience using Cinema 4D or other 3D software.
- Understanding of camera techniques and color-grading.
- VFX experience and post production knowledge.
- Product design (UX/UI) understanding / experience.
- 5-8 years of working experience.
Why you'll love working at Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings