Motion Graphics Designer - Innovation Team
Remote or San Francisco, CA
2 weeks ago
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated motion graphic designer to join our growing team. We move fast! Flexibility, adaptability, and curiosity are key as brand marketing works across and impacts all cross functional teams. This role will be integral to the brand team and constantly evolving to align with business objectives.
If you are a master multitasker/collaborator/executor, with uncompromising standards and work ethic, we are a perfect match!
What you'll do
- Work with our design and video teams to create quality marketing materials and other creative content.
- Contribute your ideas to turn Curology into THE destination for skincare
- Collaborate with video editors, copywriters and designers to come up with the appropriate solution for our product.
- Manage multiple tasks at the same time and support the greater team with your motion graphics expertise.
- Conceptualize ways to tackle and optimize video contents for market purposes.
- Help the team translate rough ideas into real moving pictures / prototype in a speedy manner.
- Help us innovate and be ahead of the game with your insights.
- Organize and create structure for motion graphics resources and relevant assets
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in a motion graphics position
- Experience working with multiple teams and ability to contribute to team meetings with your knowledge in video editing / motion graphics design.
- Have a growth mindset. Always try new things and eager to learn new tools and tech.
- A keen intuition what marketing messages will resonate with our audience.
- Are critical thinkers and can translate abstract ideas into prototype and visible results.
- Manage under uncertainty and ambiguity. You will be tackling many abstract / open-ended projects, having an objective mindset and strong organization skillset is going to be crucial to this role.
- Seek newness and always stay up to date on the latest design trends and tech.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility that support the team and make others successful.
- A can-do, easygoing, team player attitude.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Pluses (nice to have)
- Experience using Cinema 4D or other 3D software
- Experience making commercial level 3D models
- Understanding on camera techniques and color-grading
- VFX experience and post production knowledge
- Product design (UX/UI) understanding / experience
Why you'll love working at Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings