Associate, Communications and Events
Boston, MA or Remote
1 month ago
Health Leads is seeking a Conferences and Events Associate to join our Communications team. The person in this role will manage a portfolio of internal and external events and conferences, ensuring all events are successfully managed, developed and promoted to our audience. This position will enable an eager events and/or communications professional to grow their career, learn from some of the leading minds in public health, and support a wide range of strategic external and internal programs in a creative, energetic and mission-driven environment. We’re looking for a proactive, detailed-oriented self-starter who possesses a high level of flexibility and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects effectively. This full-time position reports to the Director of Communications, Conferences and Events.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE BELIEVE:
The Conferences and Events Associate will join Health Leads with US healthcare at a true turning point, at which the systemic oppression that leads to poor health outcomes, extraordinary costs, and rampant inequity can no longer be accepted. Recognizing this, health systems, community-based organizations, philanthropy, insurers, policymakers, and other key stakeholders are working together to build resilient communities that meet their residents’ essential human needs. Health Leads’ leadership, expertise, tools, and solutions to address essential needs in healthcare settings support these efforts to build healthy communities across the country. The Conferences and Events Associate will play a role in ensuring that every person has the agency to achieve health with dignity. Learn more at www.healthleadsusa.org.
Health Leads is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We recognize that diversity, equity, and inclusion are inseparable from our core values and key to inspirational leadership, effective teamwork, mutual learning, and an environment in which we celebrate each other’s differences. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion read on: https://healthleadsusa.org/about-us/vision/
*WHAT YOU’LL DO: *
In partnership with the Director of Communications, Conferences and Events and the Communications and Events Associate, the Conferences and Events Associate will help manage and support a portfolio of three to five Health Leads’ driven events and three to four external conferences and events.
General Event Operations
• Maintain and update the internal Health Leads conference and event calendar • Research and keep up to date on the latest news and content developments within the sector • Manage a large internal and external speaker bench, using relationship management skills to further strengthen and build speaker relationships • Collect and analyze event metrics and report back key outcomes for individual events and quarterly event summaries • Serve as the first point of contact for the Health Leads Events email inbox, answering questions and helping vet inbound speaking opportunities • Keep websites updated with latest event details, registration information, additional resources, and post-event recording
Health Leads Driven Events
• Project manage multiple webinar series across two different brands • Provide project management support to large Health Leads conferences and events • Serve as the primary logistical contact for internal and external speakers and stakeholders • Provide content development support to subject matter experts when building out session outlines and presentations • Coordinate with internal marketing staff to ensure optimal event promotion through email campaigns, newsletters, social media and leveraging partner networks • For virtual events, run the virtual event platform and help troubleshoot any technical or logistical problems • For in person events, help identify and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and other marketing materials External Conference & Event Management • Project manage abstract submissions across our targeted conferences and support content development • Manage accepted presentations and support speakers as needed with logistics and content development • Help prioritize our current conference and event portfolio and identify any new potential opportunities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*WHO SHOULD APPLY: *
People who have:
• Strong commitment to building cultural humility by continually learning and by actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work
• Passion for the mission of Health Leads and commitment to Health Leads’ core values: shared leadership, justice through equity and inclusion, empathy and genuine relationships, and constant and courageous learning.
• Experience in and enthusiasm for the fields of learning, advocacy, public health, racial health equity and social justice • Strong organizational and project management skills, with outstanding attention to detail and ability to ensure project team meets all deadlines • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Comfort in and ability to problem solve and adjust in times of change or ambiguity • A sense of humor and taking joy and pride in your work • General familiarity and/or openness to learning programs like Zoom webinar, Whova, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite. • A Bachelor's degree and one to three years of related experience and/or training in events, communications, public health or related fields • Occasional travel will be required to support events once it’s safe to resume travel.
Start date: Mid to late October
Location: Boston, MA or Remote
Classification: This job is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Salary Range: high 40ks - low 50ks
Application Deadline: September 10, 2021
Application Instructions: Apply via our website at https://bit.ly/3mv7o4H